SONGWRITING CONTEST RULES & CONDITIONS:
APRA AMCOS / TSA NEW SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR AWARD
BEFORE YOU ENTER THIS SECTION YOU MUST BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING GENERAL CONDITIONS (a-l) APPLICABLE TO THIS CONTEST:
A new songwriter is defined as any person who has had their first commercial release after 1st October 2012.
a) Songs must be Country oriented describing Australian Country life, scenery, subject material and attitude. This can include romantic interest and city comparison but not songs with only a city setting/context.
b) Any song entered in the APRA AMCOS/TSA new Songwriter of the Year Awards MAY also be entered in the appropriate section of the Songwriter Salute Awards
c) All entries must be written by an Australian and/or New Zealand resident. If there is a co-writer the co-writer/s must also be Australian or New Zealand residents.
d) Songs maybe recorded outside Australia and may include backing musicians/vocalists from outside Australia. The competitions are about songwriting not the production or recording.
e) There is no feedback for this Contest.
f) The songs must be submitted by MP3 (128kbps) via the online entry platform provided.
g) There is no instrumental section.
h) The judge’s decision is final and the TSA will not enter into any discussion regarding This competition. In entering any TSA contest the entrant is deemed to have read and understood the rules and agrees by entering the competition that the conditions of entry and rules of the competition are acceptable.
i) The TSA cannot be held responsible for any digression or non-compliance in any matter.
j) Offensive material, or songs containing language considered by the judges to be not in keeping with general acceptable language standards, i.e. containing swearing and foul language will not score well in the competition so don’t waste your entry fee.
k) All prizes will be listed on the TSA website www.tsaonline.com.au. Awards will be presented in January at the TSA Concert and Awards show. Finalists, if not attending the awards, should pre-arrange for the transport from Tamworth of their Awards at their own cost, should they become winners or arrange to have trophies received by their representatives at the Awards. Any Finalists who is not able to attend the awards must nominate a person to represent them at the Awards should they be successful. Email firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com. All Finalists will be notified prior to the Awards.
l) No cover versions of others work, use of poems or lyrics written by others, re arrangements or re working of traditional songs will be accepted in any sections, this is a Songwriting Contest for original material only both in lyrics and music.
m) Any song not accepted or ineligible will not generate a refund to the entrant.
SPECIFIC RULES FOR:
THE APRA AMCOS/TSA NEW SONGWRITER of the YEAR
For released/ commercialised songs released between 1st Oct 2016& 30th Sept 2017.
The new Songwriter of The Year Award for a team or individual is to recognise and promote new talent in Australian Country Music. There is a cash prize of $1000.00. This award is for original material, Lyric and music.
Specific Rules for the APRA AMCOS /TSA New Songwriter of the Year:
To be eligible you must be an Australian or New Zealand resident and the songs Submitted must have been commercially released either via Vinyl or CD, I-tunes or any on line commercial site. Mp3 (128kbps) will be accepted as entry method, please ensure your entry has this speed. The Songwriter and any member of the songwriting team also must have had their first commercial release within 5 years prior of the close of the competition. Additionally you or any members of your songwriting team must NOT have won a songwriting competition for a commercially released song. You may be asked at some time during the judging process to nominate where the song may be purchased as proof of commercial release and you may be asked to verify that none of the songwriting team has won a songwriting prize for commercially released song and if any one of the songwriting team are not Australian and/or New Zealand residents and if any of the songwriting team have had their first commercial release more than five year prior to the close of the competition.
- The song entered must also be eligible ie: released within 12 months prior to the close of the competition. Between 1st October 2016 and 30th September 2017
- Entry will be by the online system 128kb/sec Mp3 file only. At some time during the competition you may be asked by the song competition administrator to nominate the album that the song is lifted from and/ or where the song can be purchased as proof of its commercial release.
- The Number of entries is limited to 5 maximum per songwriter/ songwriting team. You or any members of your songwriting team must NOT have won a songwriting competition for a commercially released song.
- There are co-writer options for this contest, each song MUST be written entirely by the songwriter/team entering and each songwriter /co-writer must be eligible as above.
- Eligible songs must be released and available on CD or Vinyl /OR COMMERCIAL ON LINE SITE.
- Nominations/ Entries may be from Publishers, Agents, Managers and/ or record companies.
- Enter via www.songcentral.net/salute
- The entry fee is $15/song. Do not add for GST